Monday, April 1, 2013

Color This Quote - April Challenge


Hi Artists in Blogland!  It's time for "Color This Quote - April!"
Thank you to everyone who participated in last month's quote challenge.  There were so many fabulous entries!  Two that really popped out at me were this gorgeous painted over collage by Sandra Sherman:
Sandra Sherman


and this whimsical self portrait by Clare at Miscunthus Crafts: 
Clare
Both artists shared their process, which I know I always appreciate!  But really, everyone's creations were gorgeous.  

This month's quote was suggested by Tracy:   
"Always be a first-rate version of yourself instead of a second-rate version of somebody else." Judy Garland

Does this inspire you?  I know it did inspired me!  Express yourself!  Here's what you do:
  • Grab the button and let people know you're participating!
  • Link up your take on this quote in the Linky List below.  It will be open until April 30, and on May 1 the next quote will be revealed!
  • Please link to a specific blog post or Flickr page, not your general URL.  
  • In your blog post, please let us know how your work relates to this quote.  Sometimes it's hard to tell! Work that doesn't have a connection to the quote will be removed from the linky list, no matter how gorgeous it is, as we're trying to relate to the quote.
  • Visit 3 or more people who linked up, and leave loving words on their blogs or Flickr pages;
  • Anything goes -- can't wait to see what you do with this quote.
  • Have a great quote?  Leave it in the comments section.  I put all the suggestions on pieces of paper in a jar and let my daughter pick, so the more, the merrier. 
Happy creating!

4 comments:

  1. Glad you liked my canvas! Looking forward to tackling the next quote! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always full of admiration when I pop by AIB. I love all the works and naturally ,like a magpie drawn to all the brightly designed ones. Hugs for all of you...now I must be getting on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun challenge...made me think and enjoy too! I loved visiting some of the participants...wanted to leave a comment on 'dthaase' page but I could not, so l am writing here that I really liked the green man creation and the funny poem that goes with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi you guys, thank you for hosting this great challenge! Love from Italy, alex bonetto

    ReplyDelete